Tuesday 6 December 2016

Bullock Jet Cycle unit complete.

Hi all,

I finally finished off the required unit of Bullocks for The Wolf Time campaign I'm hoping to run early next year. It's only a few months overdue.....that's normal :P

The sergeant (guy in the middle) was finished around mid September, but I dragged my arse finishing the rest of them off. Well, here they are now! Enjoy;


I mounted them in few different positions & heights (obviously) to hopefully break up the "same same" look of them a bit.

"Clearing the way" to his objective, smoking a cigar......what a cool dude!

I sort of envisioned this guy shooting from high up, raining death down upon his enemies.

This guys pose is a little boring....meh.

Zoom, zooma zoom zooooom!!!!

Looks a little like an advert this photo. Might have to work on my staging I think.

So, that's one squad down, only a whole lot more to go. But don't worry. I'm almost done with the rest of the crew. I've been batch painting, god I hate painting that way, but it seems that that's the only feasible way to paint up an army. Oh well :)


See you in the soup my fellow lead addicts,
Cheers.

16 comments:

  1. It looks boss mate and the orientations you've goven to those bikes make all the difference. Proper ass-kicking.
    I do hate painting in too big batches but there's an efficiency optimum in size that makes it useful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mr Ass,

      The posing was something that I just kinda thought up while stuffing about with the bases, I think it works well too. And yeah, batching is a bitch, but serves a purpose I suppose :)

      Cheers mate.

      Delete
  2. Love that Sergeant. I can almost hear the Austrian accent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry Riot, I completely missed the joke:( Could you help me out with an explanation for this old fart please?

      Delete
  3. Top drawer mate - I absolutely love those bikes!!! These should definitely be a thing that can be bought...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thanks for the praise Leady :)

      Honestly though, they'd need more refining before being ready for retail production I think. I sold them cheap just to cover costs, but to charge more they'd have to be made and cast up better than what I managed to accomplish. Maybe I'll revisit them someday in the future?

      Anyway, I'm really glad you like them :) I had fun making them & I'll no doubt have fun zooming them across the pretend battlefield too.

      Cheers.

      Delete
    2. I think you're selling them short mate, they really are very nice! Please promise me you'll be making the appropriate zooming noises when playing ;-)

      Delete
    3. I will, to the point of violent irritation of my fellow gamers :D

      Delete
  4. Love 'em! Especially the guy enjoying his cigar and clearing the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, clearing the way is something I hope to do with them over many enemies :DDD

      Cheers Andrew :)

      Delete
  5. There is something about a fine unit of jetbikes that pleases me no end. These guys are totally rad, and they will no doubt kick all kinds of arse on the table :D well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crooksy :)

      They'll be executing some bad arse maneuvers over the battlefield.....in my head at least :( In reality they'll just be static bits of plastic :D

      Cheers mate.

      Delete
  6. Those are f%&king awesome! Love what you did here, seriously, tons of charm per square inch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be shy to swear around here Suber :) Four letter words always add a metric tonne of gravitas to any comment.....fact! :DDD

      Cheers buddy, glad you like'em

      Delete
  7. O man, those look so good. Love the mix of the old plastic beakies and metal minis. Are those the old red Space Wolf decals too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are Dai. I got them off of Ebay from one of those "new old stock sellers". No doubt their just printing off scans of the originals, but I ain't got no printer to do it myself. I'm pretty sure there the same ones that were available back in the day though.

      The cigar guy was originally one of the Rhino crew....you know, the one's that you could get to casually lean against the hull? I just repositioned his right leg & modified his left foot so that he'd sit on the bike.

      Cheers :)

      Delete