Tuesday 13 September 2016

MK14 Bullock Jet Cycle finished

Why, hello there my fellow lead fiend's,

Today marks an auspicious occasion on the Papafakis calendar, for I have finally completed, after many months, a project.....bloody amazing isn't it!? From a tiny little seed inside my tiny little brain I managed to carry an idea right through the inception, design, prototyping, construction and the production phases to completion. Sound's a little bit pompous I know (like I'm in charge of running a major manufacturing department at "insert generic car company name here"), but I can't help it. I'm over the moon that I've managed to finish something. It seems like a lifetime ago that I was able to call a project done. Oh, and I even managed to paint the damn thing too! No joke! Look, I've even got pics to prove it and all!!!


Like the illustration came to life or something yeah? :P

I was gunna try and freehand the skull motif, but I'm super crap at that, so I cheated & used a transfer instead.

"What you lookin at Willis?"

Can't think of anything to say for this pic.....so I'll just type some random shite instead :P

I'm still waiting on the Space Wolves chapter insignia. Then I'll wack it on his shoulder.

Who's badddd?


So, after I finished taking photo's of this dude I thought I might as well take a few shots of his companions while I was at it. Here they be:

I finished up these four at the same time as the previous one. They'll eventually complete the squad of five
after I get around to painting up the riders.

Can you dig the digital dash panel's?

"Zooom, Zooom".......and other pretend motorbike/plane noises :)


So, that's it I suppose? The only thing left is for the guys who nabbed a bike off of me for them to paint them up. I'm really excited to seeing what they do with them. Lornalims' already finished his (well in advance of the creator I might add :D) and it turned out ace! If your interested to see the great conversion work & paint job he did then head on over to the Oldhammer forum and have a look.

Ok, I'll leave you guys alone now, bye bye :)

13 comments:

  1. Holy shit those are sweet!

    And yes, that bloke looks just like the pic.

    I'm swimmin' in a sea of 80's reminiscin'...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai,

      I'm happy that you think my creation has more than a passing semblance to the illustration. I love
      Pete Kniftons' drawings from Rogue Trader era.

      Wouldn't we all love to be back in the eighties. I reckon I'd wee my pants if I could walk into an old hobby shop with the old minis & games on the racks....good times, good times :)

      Delete
  2. It's totally awesome man. Really great stuff here !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers bud,

      Really looking forward to seeing your take on it :)

      Cheers.

      Delete
    2. I think I forgot to say "cheers" :D

      Delete
  3. That first shot with the original picture shows just how closely you matched the look... job well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lasgun :)

      It's quite an effort to try and stay faithful to an illustration....much easier to just wing it & let your imagination run wild. But bringing an illustration to life is really an enjoyable, and none too common, experience. I may do it again?

      Cheers.

      Delete
  4. Man, those are absolutely great! Cracking job you did there! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber :)

      I'm pretty happy with them too, and like I already mentioned, I'm super excited to see what the remaining four bikes turn out like. Especially given the calibre of the recipients!

      Delete
  5. Fingers? On a space marine?! Well done! I love it! And a truly great job you did with his face as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fingers were key to this guys success :)

      Thanks Composer, glad you like him.

      Delete