Monday 9 February 2015

Nearing completion.

I've finished off the construction part of the build, no more bits to add, no more pimping.....I'm done.

Here! Look at this!!!!


A few more details added i.e. front cannon, twin linked bolter mounted behind the conning tower, side cannons & hydraulic ram's.

I removed the front cannon after this picture so that I could get better access to paint the interior.

 I glued the gun on the mounting rail -even though it could swivel around 360°- as it would end up rubbing the paint work off eventually.

Hydraulic ram dummy fit. These will be fitted after the whole lots painted.

It opens too! The drivers control panel will be fitted after paint as well.

Ramp down, ready for troops to embark......

For the RT disco baby!!!!



The next phase of the build was completed this afternoon i.e. base coat. Initially I was going to paint it "bad arse black", but after thinking on it for a bit I decided to go with a desert colour. Seems more believable, considering that's where it ply's it's trade.

Here's more stuff to gork at!

The subsections displayed in all their glory, on my painting desk, for you to enjoy.

Engines......their there somewhere in the photo, just have to look hard to find'em.

And a back door too!!! What'll they think of next?

Should have masked up those side cannons too, but I forgot :(

The shutter door...big black thing in the middle.



As always, painting it ties the whole lot together. After months of stuffing about at my painting desk it's starting to look like a complete vehicle. 

The LED colour turned out a bit funky, but I like it! I had a choice of white, blue & red LED.....I chose blue, the one they use to discourage drug users on buses from shooting up with.

I've got to fix up the over spray in a few areas, paint up the details (like the piping, engines etc) & then I'll hit it clear coat. I do this to seal all the paint up before I begin the weathering process. If I don't, then I risk ruining the basic job & having to do it all over again. You see, for me, the weathering part of the job is a bit of a "suck it & see" kinda process....apply a bit here, rub off a bit there, add some metallics, take some of the shine off the top of this etc etc.

I fear that this last phase of the job is going to take a looooong time. There's so much surface area to apply paint to, I could be here until Christmas!!! Hopefully not. I'll get stuck into it over the coming days & weeks.

Hope your enjoying the journey so far, now why don't you give it a go too?

Cheers everybody.....all 39 of you :)



14 comments:

  1. Love that blue colour - makes it look like a nightclub!

    Just needs some plush seating and a few bottle of champagne. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOMENESS, loads of it actually...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JB,

      I'm most pleased with the colour I settled on, think it'll come out a cracker when it's done.

      Delete
  3. This is absolutely awesome. Awesome, I say!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when a plan comes together! Once painted all those bits of junk came together to make a great model . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Junk!? Junk!!!!!? Tis not junk sir!!!! It's.....it's.........well yes, it is junk isn't it. But yeah, it looks quite alright painted up in one colour doesn't it :)

      Thanks Mr Tiny, or is it Mr Basement? Not sure who to thank?

      Thanks anyway :)

      Delete
  5. Oh, splendid! Splendid!! The local inquisition can now ride to meet their vic . . . subjects in comfort and style. Which is precisely what all inquisitors want. This is a limo fit for the High Lords of Terra themselves, I think, what with the plush couches, bubbly, and dance music. (And if you have them the old Ordo Malleus Daemon Hunters make GREAT High Lords of Terra. Why the Terran Cardinals always seem to come up through the Inquisition I'm not quite sure, but there you have it.) Very nice. Can't wait to see it on a table with miniatures issuing forth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They'll have to wait a while before they can the cruise in this jalopy :)

      I'll be on painting duty for the foreseeable future :(

      Cheers.

      Delete
  6. Reminds me of some of the sci-fi vehicles in your old Metal Magic Calender. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now THAT is a kit-bash - incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mr Cocktail,

      I've got a bit more detailing and weathering to do & she'll be done.

      Glad you like it :)

      Delete