Monday 15 April 2019

RoC Objective marker.

In a few months time I'll be heading off to BOYL again. And as part of that there have been quite a few games that have been planned, one of which is a RoC Renegade fracas. For said game we have all been tasked with making an objective marker. It could be anything, just as long as it was something that a Chaos patron or God might want to confiscate/desecrate.

The idea that I came up with was to have an RTB-01 marine, skewered above the ground with a pool of his own blood gathering underneath him.....oh, and an Tzeentch sorcerers skull resting in amongst it, soaking up all the goodness.

So this is what I made:




It was fairly straight forward to make, just found the worst bits of my marine collection and started carving them up to add severe battle damage. The exposed face was fun to make, hollowed out a helmet with a grinding bit and then placed an undead head inside it. The stakes were cut down cake toppers. The sorcerers head was something that I'd removed from one of my minis years ago, but had never found a use for. Here is the Chaos Champion I took him from if your interested:


Then came the paint, basing and blood pool.









So, that's one mini project for BOYL down, the first of many to come. Hope you like him....what's left of him anyway :P

12 comments:

  1. I was watching Evil Dead again and you just came with this, needs more blood! haha! Beautyfull use of a beakie! hope to see more BOYL stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zeta. Should have a bunch more over the coming months.

      Delete
  2. If you'corpse is going to rot, they're no better place than the beach! 😂

    Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Weekend at Bernie's was a real life case study in decomposition....he looked ok to me :)

      Glad you like him Andrew.

      Delete
  3. Just a nice relaxing day on the beach collecting some blood on my Tzeentch skull. Love it Erasmus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe :D

      Glad you like him Grove. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else produces for their marker as well. This is going to be an awesome game man!

      Cheers :)

      Delete
  4. You definitely met the objective with the objective. I feel so sad for the poor beakie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah me too.......nahhhhh, not in the slightest. I'm only worried that the supply of blood won't be enough to sate the Tzeentch heads thirst with. Don't feel bad Bacon, he's only made out of plastic man :)

      Delete
  5. Def a bit of a thematic disconnect between the subject and background there, but that's the Realm of Chaos for you, I reckon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was actually a deliberate backdrop decision that I made a while ago. I kinda got a bit bored of every other backdrop out there depicting space battles or deserts or beautiful landscapes etcetera so I went the other direction and chose beach....the stupid juxtaposition makes me giggle :D

      Cheers :)

      Delete