Tuesday 22 August 2017

Getting head from Kev Adams

Hi everybody,

This appears to be my 100th post, whoop de do! And what better way to mark this occasion than by painting up a Kev Adams mini....sorta. It's the one that I asked him to sculpt my likeness onto at BOYL this year. So how did I go about choosing which mini for him to work his magic on? I had an old Chaos Renegade languishing in amongst my lead pile for well over a decade, not knowing what to do with it, so I thought he'd be the best one for Kev to give head to. The next thing to think about was the face that I wanted. I could have asked him to sculpt my own, but seeing as I'm an ugly fucker I thought I'd choose a more handsome visage instead. Where did I look to for inspiration? LaTD of course!

Page 200 in ROC, LaTD.....local "council" meeting underway.

The mayor looking rather dashing. The perfect candidate for my
head sculpt was chosen.

This is the professional looking bit of paper that I handed over to Kev
Adams to give him the proportions I was after. 

And below is a little video of the final result. Instead showing you a bunch of shitty pictures, I thought I'd give this a go for a change. Let's see if it works hey;




And this is how the ugly bastard looked after I had painted him up.







I was going to write something obscene on the tank, but I wimped out. I also thought about writing "Heinz" on it too, but my freehand is pretty rudimentary at best, so I went with big chunky block letters instead. Anyway, I'm happy with how he turned out in the end. I'm really chuffed to have a custom sculpt, albeit just his head, done by the Goblinmaster himself. I haven't painted in ages too, so it was good to get back in the saddle as well.

Cheerio hombres

24 comments:

  1. Don't be shy, just admit you had your own face sculpted !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, you got me. There's no point trying to pretend otherwise is there. But no beard :( Why no beard?!!!!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Cheers Chris,

      Pulled that one right outta mar arse!

      Delete
  3. Kev did well to sculpt that in one sitting. Lovely colours too mate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was amazing watching the master at work. I'm happy with his off yellow colour scheme too.

      Cheers mate :)

      Delete
  4. He'd look even better with a suitably nasty and filthy banner.

    If only he had a retinue to flock to the banner he doesn't have yet...............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, so it can be a RT warband then huh? I'll hop to it!

      Thanks brother :)

      Delete
  5. Brilliant :-) Great choice of subject mate, and a cracking paint job - love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate, I only had a couple of choices to pick from for the donor mini. This one had a pretty uninspiring head on its shoulders, so it became the obvious choice.

      Glad you like him :)

      Delete
  6. Umm...you got what now from Kev Adams?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got head and a face sculpted onto my mini :D

      Delete
  7. False advertising! This is not at all what I was expecting!

    Great figure, fits perfectly with old school RoC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Lannick :)

      Next time I'll a bit more sass to the post. Glad you like him :)

      Delete
  8. This is intesely cool. He even has an opener for his can of whoop arse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once it's opened there ain't no goin back!

      Cheers Toby :)

      Delete
  9. This is so awesome. The sculpt is fantastic (sure no resemblance here?), but the paintjob really makes it stand out. Congrats, man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The guy is a sculpting machine, no doubt! It wasn't hard to come up with the colour scheme either, as my head is exactly the same :D

      Thanks Suber.

      Delete
  10. Brilliant - love it all, especially the can of whoop ass!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve :)

      Nothing can stand in the way of a whole gallon of the stuff :)

      Cheers.

      Delete
  11. Nice! That done came off well! Love your color choice. Almost makes him look like a chaos genestealer hybrid patriarch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't noticed that until you just pointed that out Composer, well spotted mate :)

      Glad you like him :)

      Delete