Thursday 11 July 2019

T2 Schmuck.

Hullo!

For the Sundays game at BOYL we're going to be playing a T2 style survival game. To that end we we're tasked with bringing along a "survivor" type mini each. After having a look around through my unpainted shit I found this guy:




No idea where he's from, I knew a couple of years back, but beer and age have erased that information. I thought he'd fit the bill anyway......a desperate street punk packing a bit of army surplus. Must be how he had managed to survive for so long when the shit went down...right?

Anyway, he's pretty cool and now I have a good excuse to paint him up.



I didn't go too nuts with the paint job to be honest. I was a little burned out bu this stage. He turned out alright, just not one of my best. I added a Ford transfer to the back of his t-shirt, hopefully helping to denote his heritage somewhat.


My son was lucky enough to be offered a place at the table as well (Thanks for additional invite Paul), so I told him that he could chose a mini to convert out of my lead pile. In preparation for the game I had introduced all of the Terminator movies to him a few weeks before....he was now in the Terminator zone.

This is the mini that he subsequently chose. His reasoning was that it reminded him of some of the garb that the scavengers were wearing in the later movies. Looked like a scavenger alright, just needed a weapon swap and he'd be good to go, which I gave him a hand with. Not long after the conversion process he came up with a name for him; Ratnik *



I let him paint this guy up all by himself. I sat with him and gave him guidance through-out, but it's essentially all his work. I helped him with dotting the eye on the lens, but that was pretty much all the brush that I contributed. He's pretty happy with how it turned out, just not with the effort required :D






* My son was sitting with me while I typed this blog post up and he has just told me that he didn't actually come up with the name himself, it was written on the base. And here I was thinking that he'd come up with something original.....lazy bloody kid :P

So, that is all the BOYL minis completed. Now it's just time to pack and I'll be ready to rock.

Thanks for coming along for the ride over the past few months while I created all these toys. Hope you liked them and I look forward to catching up with my old pals in Nottingham in a few weeks time.

Cheers big ears :)

16 comments:

  1. Both minis look great. Hopefully I will get to see these in the flesh at BOYL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Riot. If you're at BOYL you'll see them for sure. I look forward to it mate :)

      Delete
  2. Two fantastic additions to your collection. Really like the Ford print on that T-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to add transfers, overpainted, to quite a lot of minis over recent times. It's pretty easy to do and the effect is pretty good.

      Cheers man

      Delete
  3. The first guy is from prodigy I think.

    Great job on both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I was thinking too so I painted him up like Keith Flint. The mini may have been released around the time Prodigy were the big cheese so it is possible.

      Cheers man :)

      Delete
  4. Looks great, and your boy has a great painting future ahead of him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrew, but I think the effort required is still quite taxing on him. Kids of today have entertainment at their finger tips, not like us old bastards hey!

      If he starts showing an interest in it then I'll be there to help him anyway :)

      Delete
  5. Those look really great, and perfect for the genre. Have a great time BOYL, and I am not jealous at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Major. It'd be great if you could have made it this year, but there'll be more BOYL's in the future.

      Delete
  6. Love the Honolulu backdrop pic Mr.P & the minis off course. ;)

    Keep it up mate
    Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey buddy,

      I might as well break it to you, I've stopped blogging. Moved back home and I'm too lazy to continue :D

      Keep in touch though :)

      p.s. glad you like my beach and mini shenanigans.

      Delete
  7. The Ford logo really sells him as a Joe Public civilian. Great thinking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Chris. I've found over the years that unless I put some writing or logo or some such on a mini it doesn't look complete to me. Not sure if it's a real thing out just in my imagination, but it does help sell the look of the mini....I think.

      Glad you like him mate :)

      Delete
  8. I love them both! That Ford logo is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers man! He was looking a bit bland after the PJ so I added the transfer, with a bit of overpaint.....seemed to do the trick.

      Glad you like them :)

      Delete